Monday 27 January 2014

Character Ideas/Development

Here my initial character designs. For the first three I looked at making the character out of just one piece of rubbish, like the Blur music video I researched.






I then looked at creating a character by connecting, stacking and joining different pieces of recycled products.
















 We were then informed that the Eco centre would be called Green Dragon Eco Centre. I then made some new designs that would be more fitting to the name. First I drew different styles of dragon, cute ones, large ones, small ones, varying the shape and sizes of wing etc.  I chose the bottom right design as a guide as it had a nice balance and would be suitable for children of all ages. For example its not too cute yet not too realistic. I then had to start thinking about making this shape out of rubbish and recycled products. I came up with a milk carton and butter tub for the main body shape because when arranged correctly it forms the curved shape of the body going into the tail. I then added some features of previous designs, such as the yoghurt pot as a hat, a propeller and straws for limbs.




No comments:

Post a Comment