Wednesday 15 January 2014

Final Front Cover


This is my final  front cover. The background is an image of Keith Haring's (a popular artist in the 80's) work. I used knowledge from the botanicals project and made a wallpaper out of the image. My name of the magazine is 'Express' stylised as 'XPRESS' with the slogan 'Expression through arts'. The subheading is '80s month' as that is the theme of the magazine. I included a price, logo, bar code and issue number to make it look professional. I also had the introduction to an article in the magazine, to give a brief insight to whats inside. I centred all the text to make it look neat and professional. I also spaced the text out evenly and gave it hierarchy from the title down to the issue number. Overall I am happy with the outcome as its simple but effective and shows that its about the 80's. For the magazine name I used a technique called overprinting. I varied the layers in which the cyan, magenta and yellow letters were on, so on some letters like 'x' the yellow is on top and others the magenta or cyan is on top. I repeated this colour scheme for the subheading for the article insight. This gave it housestyle. I think its effective as it matches the background and is unique and quirky.

No comments:

Post a Comment