Saturday 4 January 2014

Final Double Page Spread


When it came to making my spread, it was just a case of picking my chosen heading, sub-heading, body copy font, number of columns and images and fitting them into my chosen layout design. This meant the process was quite quick. I made the David Carson style heading in the font Onyx, made the body copy Arial, the sub-headings Onyx, 3 columns per page and added my images.

The reason behind my colour choices were based on the official Club To Catwalk advertisement shown below. The main colours are white, black and pink so I chose to incorporate these into my design rather than use this image itself.





Overall I am pleased with my final design as it think it is eye-catching, enticing and looks professional. I think my research can be seen in aspects of this design. For example David Carson inspired the overlaying type whereby the main text (in this case the heading) is on a background of smaller overlapping text. I was also inspired by the official exhibition advert which used the colors white, black and pink. Another thing I took inspiration from was the magazines we analysed such as the TV/gossip magazines. From this I took the solid glow around the images to help them stand out and not interfere with anything else on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment