Thursday 31 October 2013

Existing Logo Analysis

I think the Pizza Hut logo will inspire me for this project over other food logos. This is because it features red, yellow and green which is similar to the bright colours found in the Refectory. Also the font is quite funky which is suitable to the target audience and Wendy’s requirements. I like the red shape above the logo which appears to be a roof of a hut, linking to the company name itself.
I like the Domino’s logo because the shape of it links to the company name. For example the logo is made out of dominoes. Also the white text stands out against the blue and red background. This is a logo that could be recognized without the text (if it was famous enough) because the image is self-explanatory.
I don't like the KFC logo very much because I don't see the relevance of the man on the logo. The only thing that links it to food is the small section of an apron that you can see. Luckily the font KFC is in is recognisable which almost acts as a logo itself.
The McDonalds logo is internationally recognised. A factor that encouraged this would have been its simplicity. For example the yellow 'm' is easy to remember and easy to distinguish. However when you think about it the design isn't complex at all which shows simplicity can often be more effective.
Although I think the Burger King logo looks a bit old, I like the way they have included a burger in the design. For example the text 'Burger King' is in a red/brown shade representing beef from a burger. Then above and below this is a yellow semi circle which represent the bun. When I look at the logo I don't initially see the burger but the fact they've created a picture with the text is very clever.
I like the Subway logo as it is very bold and easy to read. Also the little arrows on the letter 's' and 'y' are clever because although its only a small addition to the logo it prevents it from just looking like plain boring text. They also suggest movement which links to the name itself. I like the colours chosen because the green symbolises fresh and healthy which is their unique selling point. I like the use of green and what it conveys and would consider using it in my designs. 
These logos have inspired me for my own logos and made me aware of things I shouldn't include. When you glance at these logos the two main colours you see are red and yellow which are associated with fast food shops. This is not the message the Refectory want to give as they want to be healthy and good quality. Some things that inspired me include the use of three colours. For example Dominos, KFC, Burger King and Subway all use 3 colours which seems to be the perfect balance as  4 doesn't all match and looks messy and 2 can be a bit plain and boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment