Wednesday 16 October 2013

Colour Theory

 
Here is a sheet explaining basic colour theory. This was very helpful to me as I didn't know anything about analogous colours, tints, shades or tones. Also it refreshed my memory about primary, secondary and tertiary colours. This will help me in my design development as I will be able to use  colours that are complimentary or harmonious and therefore more effective.
 
 
Here is a colour wheel I made myself using Photoshop. I've never really used this program before so I am quite pleased with this outcome. However if I were to do it again I would change some of the shades slightly so it looks more professional and flows better. I would replace the shade I have for pure orange with the shade I have for red orange then add a new shade for red orange which will be darker with more red in it.


 
Using the colour wheel and basic colour theory we coloured in this pattern using complementary colours. First we experimented using pink and green and then blue and orange  . Despite the majority of the patterns being blue and pink I think the orange and green are the dominant colours as they stand out against the background.
 
 
This was our analogous experiment. We chose two colours that sat next to each other on the colour wheel (blue and blue purple) then added white to our original blue for our third colour. This gave us a dominant colour, which was blue, a supporting colour, which was blue purple and an accent colour which was the blue mixed with white. Together these harmonise and are easy on the eye.




No comments:

Post a Comment