Monday 11 November 2013

Overall Evaluation

The head of the Refectory required a complete rebrand of the Refectory area. To achieve this I had to design the following:
  • a logo
  • strap-line
  • signs that show opening and closing times
  • a welcome sign
  • a wall illustration
  • signage (for example Salad Bar)
The designs had to be colourful, quirky and in line with the student audience. The client said that she liked the branding of places like Costa Coffee and similar establishments.

I feel I have met all the client requirements and made successful designs that will rebrand the Refectory's current corporate identity.

For example I have made designs that are closely linked and share the same theme. This includes using the same font and same colours on all the designs. Also my final pieces are specifically designed so that they can be painted on the walls. This means making them and maintaining them will be low cost. This meets the restriction they had which was a low budget. Another restriction they had was that certain areas had to be kept free of signage/advertising such as the large windows. I also met this restriction by designing my pieces for specific areas that we had permission to use.

Throughout my designs you will notice I took a simplistic approach. After researching existing logos and menus I decided this style was most effective as designs where there is too much happening can look messy and unprofessional. This simple approach also helps the designs look sophisticated which is the ambience given off by places like Costa and Starbucks and is therefore successful. This is also the route students felt the rebrand should take as the refectory's current vibe is that its not age appropriate.


No comments:

Post a Comment