Monday 21 April 2014

Screenshots

First I added all the text and positioned them evenly along my timeline, with equal duration's in between. I chose to have 2 important words in each sentence in colour then the rest in black. However some people found that their attention was draw to the black text rather than the colour so I changed the black to a dark grey so it wasn't as bold and attention was back on the colourful words. I think having some words in bright colours is successful as it makes it more interesting and emphasizes the activity being advertised.




I then added the images in between each duration of text. I think the collage of 4 photos is effective as when places are advertised with only one image, some people assume that it is almost false advertising as the place is made to look better than it is just for the photo. However 4 photos showing different areas and angles of the same place gives a more true insight. If I were to do this project again or have longer to do it, I would retake some photos I took but on a sunny day as cloudy/dull skies can be off-putting.





I then added transitions to all the text. For each duration of text, the dark grey words alternate transitions. In one duration all the dark grey words slide on from the bottom of the screen. In the next duration the dark grey words will swing down. I think the dark grey transitions alternating is good because it offers variety so people don't get bored but is also consistent making it look professional.The colourful words have more exciting transitions such as growing, spinning and fading. I think this is effective as it also emphasizes the activity being advertised, just like having the text in bright colours does. Here is an example of the colourful words entering the screen, in this case swinging and spinning to match the words, and then the dark grey words sliding in from the bottom. Then there's an example of the dark grey words swinging down, inspired by the Hitachi advert made by Andrew Gill who I researched. I think this is effective as it exciting and looks professional.



After each duration of text or image is finished, the text or image slides off the screen in either a south west or south east direction. If it is text that has just slid off, the next image comes from the top of the screen moving in the same direction as the type left. Here are screen shots of the text moving off in a south west direction, the image entering in the same direction from above, then exiting in the same direction after a pause.




I then made the text and transitions for the end of the video. All 9 duration's of text in the video had different colours for the 2 important words. These colours are shown on each letter in the word 'Dunstable' creating a spectrum gradient. I think this looks good as it links back to the previous moments in the video and the bright colours will attract young ages. The word 'Visit' swings down like previous words in the video. 'Dunstable' then slowly fades on from left to right with feather so it looks smooth. The URL address also fades on with the linear wipe transition but without feather so it looks like it is being typed. I think this is effective as URL addresses are typed so it has a meaning.



No comments:

Post a Comment